Located in Washington County in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ringgold School District is made up of seven separate municipalities, and serves 3100 children in four schools. Ringgold School District includes one high school, one middle school and two elementary schools.
Approximately 28 miles south of Pittsburgh, the county seat is located at the intersection of Interstates 70 & 79. The Monongahela River runs through Washington County. Ringgold School District thrives in an area rich with history. The area struggles to grow from an economy once based on traditional industries to a center of technology and advanced manufacturing.
The School District's countryside is a succession of rolling hills from which the Monongahela Valley may be viewed as a vast panorama of scenic beauty. Residents have access to several recreational opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, golfing and play fields for football, soccer, softball, and baseball.
The social structure of the community is largely lower middle class with a sprinkling of upper middle class. Blue collar workers comprise the majority.
As a result of a comprehensive evaluation of the district buildings and services, the Ringgold School District is currently in the pre-construction phase for a new Middle School. The current Ringgold Middle School was formed by consolidation of 2 schools; however, because of the condition of the current school, the District decided to build a new middle school for grades five through eight located on the Ringgold High School Campus. Future plans also involve the renovation of Ringgold Elementary School North.
Preparing students today for the challenges of tomorrow.
The Ringgold School District will develop students to become problem solvers, critical thinkers, effective communicators, technology users, and contributing members to a global workforce and society. The school district will be a resource in providing state of the art facilities, technology and educational opportunities. Student needs are based and driven around a challenging and rigorous curriculum allowing each student to reach their individual academic potential and goals. The school district will be a leader in best practices and instructional techniques while applying cutting edge technology in the classroom. The staff will be provided educational opportunities that target professional growth and development in twenty-first century skills and needs. Administration and staff will be dedicated to the concept of developing each individual student as a well-rounded contributor to a growing global society.
The Ringgold School District believes that:
An individual can be a successful learner, when presented with an appropriate common core based Pennsylvania curriculum and research-based instruction.
- Every student has unique attributes and skills which need to be developed and incorporated into their educational experiences.
- Student learning is a life-long endeavor where students are equipped with skills allowing them to adapt and meet the challenges of this global economy and workplace.
- Academic excellence will be achieved by our staff through quality instruction and applying best practices in their content areas through continuous focused staff development.
- Students are the stewards of our society and as such, we promote the attributes of ethical behavior, character development, and self-respect to foster responsible citizenship.
- Effective leadership is an essential component for the application of instructional practices leading to the success of our educational progress and the proficient use of technology.